GTD prescribes to do a weekly review. It is in fact a key component of the whole GTD workflow.
The main goal of the weekly review is to make sure every project has a “next action”. In other words, that during the next week, you will move all the important projects forward.
Todoist does not have a native way of doing these reviews, that’s why I created Todoist Review.
How to use the review
- Login into the app with your Todoist account
- Go over the list of projects one by one
- Click on project name to open it in Todoist
- Do the actual review, plan next actions, etc.
- After reviewing (or skipping) the project, schedule the next review
- in the project list, open the project actions menu
- select a suitable next review date
You may have different preferences when it comes to different projects in your hierarchy. That’s where the Review Mode comes in handy
The available options are
- Default - review the parent project as well as the child projects independently
- Parent only - only the parent will be shown in the list. The link to Todoist will display it together with all the children and you can review them all at once. Suitable for small sub-projects that are closely tied to their parent.
- Children only - the project will only show in the list if there are children that are due for review. Suitable e.g. for top level projects representing “Areas of responsibility”
- Don’t review - ignore the project and its children completely
Tip: Set a weekly reminder - simply click the “alert” icon in the app or this link to import a predefined repeated task into your Todoist with link to this app.